Sunday, February 12, 2012

Facebook Parenting

I came across this video thanks to my The Soup feed on Facebook. I'm sure you all are aware of the video at this point. It is essentially what I assume to be a Texan father who has just read a Facebook rant by his spoiled daughter that she blocked her parents from seeing in hopes that they never will. Well, when her dad was uploading software onto her laptop, guess what he saw. So, what is a irate father to do? Why get a camera, record him reading the post, tell her what will be happening as punishment for this rant, and then shooting her laptop with a .45....

I'm a bit mixed here on the good parenting bit. The daughter definitely needed to be punished for what she said and whined about in her letter and the dad makes clear that he's tried grounding her for months and that doesn't seem to work. The daughter is mostly complaining about the chores she has to do around the house and they actually are rather small chores that probably will only take 15 minutes to complete. But to shoot her laptop seems....no it is a bit much. He could have sold the laptop parts, taken out the hardrive and shot it, but the whole thing....

It seemed like these issues happen often from the dad's perspective and it always revolves around the laptop. I think the best thing would have been to wipe the hardrive clean and sell for a kid going to college or something. Shooting it is just a waste of bullets and whatever money you spent on it and whatever money you could have gotten off of it.

Sorry everyone, but I'm extremely busy doing my Capstone project in which I am translating "The Girl who Leapt Through Time". I know many of you are aware of the anime adaptation that is actually a side story of the original novel (which is what I'm doing). I need to get as much done with this as it is due sometime in March and we are already in the middle of February. There are other courses and of course, my job, that is going on. But this Capstone is one I want to get done as soon as possible. I do plan on something special for Valentine's day, but I don't want to make any promises that it will happen. I also work Valentines Day (and my conception day) with the next day being Mom and Dad's 26th anniversary....Ohhh, I'll try. I'm making a list right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment